Orthopedic hand specialists in Atlanta are committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive care to patients who have undergone hand surgery. They specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves of the hands and upper extremities.
In addition to traditional treatments such as medication or physical therapy, many orthopedic hand specialists also offer osteopathy therapy as an adjunct to surgical intervention for a variety of problems related to injury or overuse. This holistic approach helps restore balance to the body’s musculoskeletal system following a traumatic event or procedure such as carpal tunnel release or tendon repair.
What Is Osteopathy
It is a type of holistic medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders. It uses manual techniques to improve mobility, reduce pain, and promote healing. It is based on the belief that the body has its own "self-healing" ability and can be restored to health by improving its structure through manipulating muscles, joints, and other tissues.
Osteopaths use a range of physical therapies such as massage, stretching, joint manipulation, and mobilization to treat a variety of medical conditions. Osteopathy is often used in combination with conventional medical treatments for optimal results. Apart from treating physical ailments, osteopaths look at addressing lifestyle factors that could be contributing to the problem. This includes diet, posture, stress levels, and activity levels.
Many osteopathic treatments are based on age-old techniques that have been handed down through generations of practitioners. Osteopaths believe in treating the body as a whole rather than focusing on individual parts or symptoms. They often combine traditional techniques with more modern approaches such as ultrasound or laser therapy to provide comprehensive care for their patients.
The Many Osteopathy Therapies Offered After Hand Surgery
After hand surgery, it can be especially beneficial to seek out osteopathic care in order to ensure that the body as a whole is able to heal properly. There are many different types of osteopathic treatments available for post-surgery care.
- Joint Mobilization: This type of therapy uses gentle stretching and manipulation to help relax the muscles around a joint, reduce inflammation, and improve the range of motion. It is especially beneficial when pain and stiffness have developed as a result of surgery.
- Soft Tissue Manipulation: This type of therapy works by applying pressure to soft tissues in order to increase flexibility and circulation, while also reducing pain and spasms. It helps promote healing while relieving stress on areas that may have been injured during surgery.
- Cupping Therapy: This ancient technique involves placing specialized cups on the skin in order to create suction which can loosen tight muscles, increase blood flow and reduce pain. It can be an effective way to reduce tension and stiffness after surgery.
- Myofascial Release: This technique uses gentle stretching and manipulation techniques to loosen tight muscles and connective tissue that can build up after surgery. It helps to improve the range of motion, reduce inflammation, and decrease pain.
The Importance Of Working With An Experienced Orthopedic Hand Specialist Who Supports Osteopathy Therapy Post-Surgery
Working with an experienced orthopedic hand specialist who supports osteopathy therapy post-surgery can be invaluable for a patient's overall health and well-being. Georgia Hand, Shoulder & Elbow has orthopedic hand specialists that are highly qualified and experienced in providing post-surgical therapy that is tailored to each individual patient's needs.
Improved Mobility And Pain Management
An osteopathic hand specialist can assess the patient's individual needs and prescribe targeted exercises that focus on restoring mobility and strength while reducing pain. This kind of treatment helps to reduce the risk of further complications after surgery and reduces the need for additional medications or treatments.
Reduced Healing Time
They help to speed up recovery time by improving circulation, reducing inflammation, and promoting natural healing processes within the body. With experienced guidance from a hand specialist, patients can return to their normal activities more quickly and with less discomfort than would be possible with traditional medical treatment alone.
It also helps to prevent injuries by teaching patients how to ergonomically position their bodies in order to avoid causing further harm. With the help of a hand specialist, patients can learn proper techniques for stretching and exercising that will reduce the risk of re-injury and other long-term problems.
Improved Quality Of Life
Working with an experienced orthopedic hand specialist who supports osteopathy therapy post-surgery can ultimately lead to improved quality of life for patients. The treatment helps to reduce pain and improve mobility, allowing them to return to their daily activities without fear of further injury or complications down the line.
What To Look For When Choosing An Orthopedic Hand Specialist
When it comes to choosing an orthopedic hand specialist, it is important to consider a few key factors that will ensure you receive the best possible care. Here are some of the key points to consider when selecting an orthopedic hand specialist.
- Experience – One of the most important criteria when selecting any medical professional is experience. Ask your prospective doctor how long they have been practicing and what types of procedures they specialize in with regard to the hand and upper extremities. Be sure to ask detailed questions about each procedure and what outcomes can be expected.
- Board Certification – It is also essential to confirm that the doctor you are considering has board certification by a reputable organization; this indicates they have passed rigorous examinations and are up-to-date in their field. Additionally, check if they belong to any medical societies or organizations related to the field of orthopedics and hand surgery, as this demonstrates a commitment to staying abreast of new developments in their area of specialty.
- Accessibility and Convenience – When choosing an orthopedic specialist, look for one who is conveniently located near you so you can easily access their services when needed. Inquire about office hours, after-hours availability, appointment wait times, and other forms of communication such as email or phone calls with your doctor’s office staff. You should also find out if there are any additional services offered like physical therapy or occupational therapy onsite or at nearby facilities, that may benefit you during recovery.
- Patient Reviews – Many potential patients do not realize that reading reviews from past patients can be incredibly helpful for researching doctors before making an appointment. The internet provides numerous useful resources, including online patient forums where people discuss their experiences with various medical professionals. This information can give insight into how well a particular doctor has served his/her previous patients, which can be a great way to get an idea of how your experience may turn out in the future.
Book An Appointment With A Licensed Orthopedic Hand Specialist In Atlanta
If you are looking for an "orthopedic hand specialist near me" in Atlanta, you have come to the right place. Georgia Hand, Shoulder & Elbow is the premier orthopedic practice for hand and upper extremity care. Their trained, board-certified physicians provide comprehensive diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of a wide range of conditions related to the hand and upper extremities. If you are experiencing pain in your hands or arm, don't delay and book an appointment with their expert team of providers today.